Trix used corn tortillas; I used flour. She used regular cabbage; I used Napa cabbage. She added shredded carrot to hers; I didn't. (The recipe we were basing this meal off of used shredded carrot and jicama -- I didn't feel like using carrot and I couldn't find jicama at the store, even though I've bought it before.)
I pan "grilled" my fish (flounder) using my new Le Creuset grilling pan:
She broiled her fish (halibut) in the oven:
I made a traditional tomato salsa while Trix adapted an avocado and mango salsa to an avocado and pineapple salsa. Mine was OK; she said hers was excellent. I think when mangoes are in season I'm definitely going to be trying that salsa!
We both warmed our tortillas -- she in the oven, me in the microwave -- then piled on the goodies. Since there isn't much of a recipe for this, the recipes I'll share are the two salsas!
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 ripe and firm mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 dash garlic salt (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill 20-30 minutes before serving.
- 1 14.5oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup diced red onion (about half a small-sized one)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp fresh jalapeno, diced (about half a medium-sized one)
- 2 tsp garlic, minced (about 2 cloves)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.