A can of tuna (of course), hamburger buns, an egg, breadcrumbs, your favorite mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. And of course, any condiments you like on your burger.
Mix everything together and you'll have a mixture that looks something like this:
Now you've come to a crossroads. You can either take the entire mixture and shape it into one large patty, or divide it in half and shape into two smaller patties. A lot will depend on the size of your buns. Mine were small, so I went with two patties. Place the patty in a preheated pan -- no added oil necessary. Isn't that nice?
After about 4 minutes, it'll be ready to flip. The done side will be nice and browned. Cook the other side until done, and that's it.
Dress the burger(s) your favorite way. I've got cheese, pickles, and Sriracha sauce on mine (don't judge me). Serve with fries, chips, or fruit!
- 1 5oz can tuna, packed in water, drained
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp of your favorite mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together until well blended. There should be enough moisture keeping it together to form one large patty or two smaller patties.
- Place each patty in a preheated pan -- no additional oil is necessary. Cook each side for about 4 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Top with cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, etc., however you like, and enjoy!